|Welcome to our alternative history wiki!|
The page is locked to non-Admins to protect site integrity!
- 1 Welcome!
- 2 Please read before editing!
- 3 Important Users on this Wiki.
- 4 Founder's note.
- 5 Useful Info.
- 6 The templates.
- 7 Site news.
- 8 Clock
- 9 Calendar
- 10 Video
- 11 Latest activity
- 12 Slider
- 13 Create?
- 14 Opinion poll.
- 15 Gallery
This wiki is an Alternate History wiki, but it's supposed to be a more enjoyable Alternate History wiki.
Many people claim that if it didn’t happen, it couldn’t happen, or that if it had certain pros and cons they would always stay that way for a person, peoples, or nations entire history, even if certain developments change the entire time frame forever, that no matter what, they are stuck with those problems for eternity. Things would always change, even slightly, someone who was important died, or someone who died OTL didn't die. Different outcomes of battles, a storm here and there, someone build a colony here instead of there.
Things could be divergent if something minor changed with a unlucky accident killing Sir Winston Churchill as a child and/or Adolf Hitler unexpectedly dying in a battle on the fields of Flanders.
People think that if you lost, you were born to lose, even if one inch forward could have made you win. Well, things not always like that, and I don’t think they always have. Yes, some people have been destined to lose a fight, like Japan against the nuke, they were gonna lose no matter what after the US got the atomic bomb, but if one of those scientists had been absent one or two days, America might never have had the bomb in time, and been forced to sign a conditional peace treaty with Japan.
But my main focus right now isn’t about Japan in WW2, or Japan at all, its about alternate history itself, that's what alternate history means, it may not have happened, but it could have.
That is to say-
100% reality can be fun, but as long it sounds believable, then reality can get frayed at the edges, but not too ridiculous, on this wiki. No robot space ninjas, E.T.s, Cybermen, Borg, wizards or other supernatural elements!
The alternate history classifications we welcome here are-
- Type II: Hard/Soft Alternate History
- Type III: Soft Alternate History
- The Rules of the Wiki
- Global flooding map links
- Flags and logos Page
- Blank maps page
- Wiki policy!
- The template tags page
- Copyright laws
- Some common defects on another more 'serious' game site. ;-)
- Implausible Alternate History Wiki:About
- blog policy
- African map links page
- Site news
- Welcome to the help desk
- Welcome to the watercooler
- Map Games
- Nations and vassal states of 1490-1500
- Awesome site stats
- O.T.L. history notes
- List of Users
- Other Stuff
- Pages A to Z
- Categories A to Z
- Economic web links
- Nuking web links
Please read before editing!
- Do not copy from the Alternate History Wiki. Its contents are copyrighted! Making a reference of origin does not clear it. Note that this is because they consider it to be stealing, which it is not, we have to live with it.
- Free images and photos be used if they are attributed.
- Please do not come into this wiki just to cause trouble with another wiki. While this wiki is for everyone, one thing we ask is to play nice with other users here and not to annoy other wikis' users.
Important Users on this Wiki.
Check out the Department of Implausibility! Meet the brass, lieutenants, and constables guarding these timelines from the "implausibility hunters." This wiki hopes to show that implausible timelines, with a bit of looking after can grow and blossom into something great. The same idea could also be applied to the creators of those TLs as well.
- Number of Views: Template:NUMBEROFVIEWS
- Number of Active Users: 3
- Number of Edits: 64,681
- Number of Admins: 16
- Also have a look at this!
The template tags used on this wiki are found here- The template tags page.
- Visit The Great State of Argentina (1962 Apocalyps) and Republic of Saaremaa (1962: The Apocalypse).
Current time: 15:56
width=26 buttonlabel=Create article break=yes bgcolor=f8fcff</createbox>
See- List of previous polls.